Saturday, July 28, 2007

All I wanted was a stupid haircut.

July 28, 2007

This is my last attempt to add some pictures. I had a new blog all typed up and saved, but now it has gone off into the great beyond. I won't try the pictures again until Mikey has checked out why this is happening.

My lost blog had a complete explanation of my journey to try and find Great Clips so I could get a haircut. That was two days ago, and that was not what one would call a really lucky day.

I got on the internet and found the address for Great Clips. I remembered passing by one the first week here, but I couldn't remember exactly where that was, so I counted on the internet.

I got into the truck and entered the street name in the GPS, and took off. About 20 minutes later I'm on the phone to Mike asking for his help because I was hopelessly lost. The GPS had taken me to a gravel road. He got online and said, "I don't know where the hell you got that street address...," so he gave me another road and said that it was located in a shopping center called, "The Xing." So off I went.

To make this long story shorter, I couldn't find a shopping center called, "The Xing," so I pulled into a tiny strip mall, parked, got out and asked. The first response to the shopping center name was, "Never heard of it." This was not a good sign. Frustrated, I asked if they knew where Great Clips was located. Bingo, they knew where that was...on the other side of Wal-Mart from where I was. So, I thanked them and got in the truck to head over there. Not so good.


As I tried to pull out of my parking space, there was another car coming towards me and insisted I go ahead, so I turned a little too sharp and clipped the car next to me. No damage to the truck other than breaking the hubcap, but I scrunched her front bumper. Called insurance company, got everything taken care of and finally took off for the beauty shop.

Well, I've had pretty good luck so far in our travels, in getting a good haircut at Great Clips. By the time I left the one in Crossville, I felt I had been butchered. When I finally got back home, what should have taken about one hour in total, had taken over hours!!! Decided I was having such good luck that I'd stop and get a lottery ticket. Don't hold your breath, I'm sure my luck will continue. Anyway, luckily after I washed my hair and worked with it, it's not so bad. Thankfully, it grows quickly.

I'll keep updating the adventures, and misadventures of the Murrays. Love to all!!

...to be continued

No comments: